Scrambled Egg Whites with Steamed Sweet Potato
Total Time: 16 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 11 min.
Yield: 1 serving
½ large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
4 large egg whites
1 large egg
1 tsp. olive oil
1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves removed and chopped, stem discarded
1. Fill bottom of steamer with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat. Place sweet potato in top of steamer; steam for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fork-tender. Set aside.
2. Combine egg whites and egg in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
3. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
4. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until set.
5. Place eggs and sweet potato on a serving plate. Sprinkle sweet potato with rosemary; serve immediately.
Tip: Sweet potato can also be cooked in a microwave. Pierce clean sweet potato 4 to 5 times with a fork. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Peel and cut into pieces.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
P90X/P90X2 Portions (per serving)
P90X3 Portions (per serving)
Body Beast Portions (per serving)
21 Day Fix Portions (per serving)