“Stay Healthy for the Holidays | Inside Shakeology” audio=”http://images.beachbody.com/podcasts/shakeology/Ep3_StayHealthyDuringHolidays.mp3″
- How can Shakeology help YOU stay healthy through the holidays?
- Drink Shakeology before party. It curbs your appetite and stops you from overeating. Since I’m a very picky eater at least I know I got all my dense nutrients in before heading to a party where I don’t know what I’ll be getting to eat.
- Prepare a Shakeology dessert or snack and take it with you. You will be the STAR of the PARTY!
- Go on a full stomach before and drink lots of water.
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Balls
- Pumpkin Puree – BPA Free cans
- Natural unsweetened almond butter
- Uncooked dry oats
- A few scoops of Vanilla or Vegan Chocolate shakeology
- A bit of organic raw honey
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Mix in bowl and roll into ball. Roll on coconut flakes if you’d like and refrigerate.
- What if you are traveling during the holidays? What if you don’t have a blender?
- Have a good meal before the flight. Very important. I try and not eat airplane food. Longer flight? Always prepare my food. Burritos, nuts, snacks, dried fruit, travel pack of shakeology w BPA Container. You can always take a small blender with you. Almond butter and ice is good to add to a shake.
- Every day you are gone you add up how many days and calculate how much shakeology you will need and add in the boosts. I ALWAYS boost up when I’m traveling to stay on top of things.
- Plan Meals Ahead. Drink lots of Water. SLEEP!
If you go to sleep on an EMPTY stomach, it can be VERY disruptive. Shakeology before bed is a good option.
Favorite Holiday Shake?
- adding cayenne pepper and cinnamon to chocolate shakeology
- Darin Olien loves essential oils. Vegan Shakeology, boosts, and essential oils
- Frozen Cherries, Banana, Tropical Vegan Shakelogy and Almond Milk
How do you stick to healthy habits when others around you are NOT healthy?
No one is in control of your health more than you. If you don’t know the people at the party, prepare yourself and prepare the host of what you don’t eat. (I don’t eat meat and dairy. Don’t go out of your way; if you do have other options, great!)
Give them some advice ( some people don’t know what vegans like and don’t like). “Hey just throw a salad together…”
YOU MUST CONTROL YOUR WORLD
Don’t be a victim your circumstances. When you are hungry, its easy to offer up excuses and make big mistakes.
Consider bringing your own food to a catered event and have them serve you the food. BE SELF-AFFIRMING.
What happens if do FALL OFF and SCREW UP and fall off the wagon?
#1. FORGIVE YOURSELF. Don’t perpetuate it. Stick with what you know. 3 Day Refresh and Shakeology.